While various smartphone companies, including Google and Samsung, have entered the artificial intelligence (AI) race, Apple has lagged far behind in adopting the technology. While Apple has been hinting at its productive AI, the company is taking a long time to introduce it to the public, leaving iPhone users questioning the direction Apple is taking on this new technology. However, in a recent interview, CEO Tim Cook revealed that AI features will be rolled out in iPhones through the iOS 18 update in 2024. Check out 5 predictable Apple AI features we'll see this year.
Apple AI features for iPhones
According to a report by The Verge, Tim Cook, in a recent earnings call, revealed that Apple will bring AI tools to its smartphones. The company also revealed that it is working on generative AI tools.
Cook said, “Looking ahead, we will continue to invest in these and other technologies that will shape the future. This includes artificial intelligence, where we continue to spend a tremendous amount of time and effort, and we're excited to share details of our ongoing work in that space later this year.
Not sure which one
Buy a mobile?
So, what could come? Here are the analysts' thoughts.
We are on whatsapp channels. Click to join
- According to Apple analyst Mark Gurman, the company will announce its biggest operating system update with iOS 18. This update may bring a better Siri voice assistant. Gurman said it was “one of the biggest iOS updates — if not the biggest — in the company's history,” as quoted by TechRadar.
- In addition, we can see the integration of LLM (Large Language Models) to Siri, making it a digital assistant like ChatGPT. Hence, we can expect conversational tools with upcoming upgrades to the iPhone.
- AI features may also be brought to various iPhone apps such as Apple Messages, Apple Music and Pages.
- There may be some AI features for video and photography but it may not be as significant as the Samsung Galaxy S24 AI camera capabilities, however, Apple needs to step up its game to bridge the AI technology gap with other devices.
- Finally, Apple may reveal its AI initiatives and features of the upcoming iPhone generation and other devices at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) along with what's coming to the iOS 18 update.
Also, read today's other top articles:
Will Apple be foldable? Apple may launch its first foldable device in 2026 or 2027 with a 7-8 inch display. Uncertainty surrounds whether it will be a foldable iPhone or an iPad. Read all about it here.
Love editing photos? Here are the best for you to do so in no time! Check them out here.
Smartphone launch! The Infinix Smart 8 has an 8+128GB variant. It features a 50MP AI camera, innovative design elements and a powerful MediaTek Helio G36 octa-core processor. Check it out here.
Tourists visiting the Paris Eiffel Tower can now book their tour to the iconic monument using UPI. Read them all here.
Beware of hackers! A recent report found 12 malicious apps spreading 6 malware on Google Play Store. Learn how to protect yourself from such threats. Find out what's going on here.